Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Cardboard Box into a Puppet Theatre


You need:
 A big Cardboard Box
Scissors
Tape
Paint, Ribbon, Paper (whatever you want to decorate it)
Blackboard Paint
Puppets 
A cute little helper

1. I flipped the box around to find the best place for the front & cut along arrow.

Should sit like this, now cut along top & lay flat

2. Cut along top, where arrows show ( 4 cuts)
Leaving a flap on top.

Should look like this

If you bend one section of the bottom half upwards, 
this is the front of the theatre

3. Cut hole out

4. Decorate how you please.
I put painter's tape down to create stripes. Was to be Blue & yellow, however once the paint dried & I pulled the tape off, the cardboard started to peel away in areas. See below



5. I cut some more cardboard & painted with blackboard paint

5. Because the stripe idea failed,I hot glued ribbon on.

6. Lift the Box up. Where the bottom two pieces meet, draw a line on the bottom cardboard & cut.

7. Tape together
8. I used a thin rod and taped onto the back with curtains.

DONE


Don't you just love the sneaky head in behind the puppets!
The smile says it all.


Danielle







4 comments:

  1. Uaauuuuuuuuuuuu! Your idea it's fantastic! I love it! it's so fun for the kids. Thank for share1 Have a nice day from spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! I have a granddaughter & she would LOVE this. I'm inspired!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making such fun memories for your little one! Thanks for sharing it with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm an English teacher in Spain and I've just come across with your blog, it's fascinating!!! I am taking a bunch of ideas for my pupils, thank you

    ReplyDelete