Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Christmas Angel Wings

My aunty gave me this idea, well it was for her house, 
so I stole it & run with it.

With my little munchinks around, I totally can't leave presents under the tree.
There's no concept that we give present to other people as well & it's not all about them! We are working on it..


So I made the angel wings 
and I have started to place the presents on the dinning table.
Surprising they haven't touched them....yet!




Each little bird "Love", "Joy"  & "Peace"
The candles underneath mirror that as well.

This is how I made the wings:

Freehand draw a wing, cut out, flipped over & traced the 2nd wing.


Covered both wings with plain white computer paper ( don't need to be neat)
Just don't want the brown cardboard showing through.


Then start to hot glue the feathers on.
I started going around the outside, then worked my way into the middle.
My feathers were already trimmed at the peak, & looked yucky, so I cleaned them up.


I turned the wings over. Tapped them together.

 Hot glued the ribbon for hanging.

Used a temporarily hook

And hang up.


DONE

I love it!
It's pretty, different & can can use it next year!




Danielle

19 comments:

  1. gorgeous!!! made some myself this year minus the feathers and a good bit smaller. yours look awesome! visiting from the house of hepworths link party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I am so making this for next year.

    I'd love for you to link up and share: http://tutusandteaparties.blogspot.com/search/label/Link%20Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I'm visiting from my friend's blog MommybyDay,CrafterbyNight. Cute blog over here! I am your newest follower :) Just wanted to let you know that if you're interested, I have a link party on Friday nights. Its called Once Upon a Weekend. I'd love to see your projects! Have a good day!
    www.familyeverafterblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful, you did a great job! Visiting from Get Your Brag On!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see a tutorial on these! I have seen them around this year and have thought they were so cute! Going to have to make some now!

    --Katie
    www.blah2beautiful.blogspot.com
    Creatively Living

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice angel wings. Thanks for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely wings! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is the first time I've seen these. Love em.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how pretty! What a neat idea! I'd be thrilled if you'd share it here:

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2011/12/shine-on-fridays-6-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a GREAT idea! I would love to copy this for my little girl! :) I would LOVE for you to stop by and see what I have been working on this week too! :)

    Jeni@ Becoming Martha
    http://jensidea.blogspot.com/2011/12/diy-baby-doll-crib.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for linking up to Mom it monday! :) I've share your idea on the Brassy Apple FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this! What a beautiful idea! I'm your newest fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com if you get a chance! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I can't believe you haven't gotten more comments on this!! This is AMAZING!!!! Great idea and great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love it!! This came out beautifully! I would love for you to share this at my special holiday linky party going on right now! http://everything-underthemoon.blogspot.com/2011/12/12-days-of-christmas-holiday-linky.html

    Happy Holidays to you and yours!!
    ~Nikki ...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love these!!! Thanks for linking up at the project party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool idea!
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!! Beautiful! Visiting from Crafty Scrappy Happy linky party!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're so pretty, Danielle! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for sharing your creativity! Great project and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete