Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Santas Magic Key

Zac is almost 4.
He has been asking how Santa will get inside the house.
We don't have a chimney.
So how will he??




I saw the idea at a party shop.
I goggled poems & found this,
I added the last paragraph.





Dear Santa,
We don’t have a chimney and
I was worried as could be
About how you’d bring the
Presents to my family and  me.
But now I’ve solved the problem
And I’m not sad anymore,
For hanging from this ribbon
Is the key to our front door.
Use this Magic Key,
But only for one night.
It will open up my door.
Then just follow the bright light.
My tree will be shinning,
You will be sure to see.
Love Zac & Ella


(part source)

Materials;
poem
A Santa Gift Tag
ribbon
Scissors
Glue
A key
Cardboard
Lamanator - optional
Hole Punch




Cut it all out & paste together.
Use the Lamantor if you like.



Punch a hole in the corner.
Thread the ribbon through the key, then the poem & tie off.


DONE




Now we know how Santa is getting into our house!


Danielle





3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! I love this idea! I was talking to a teacher the other day about them and BAM! here you are with a cute craft! I had to share your post on my fb page and I couldn't link up our pages, so I wanted to let you know! Here is the link if you'd like to check it out:
    https://www.facebook.com/LearningIsChildsPlay
    Thanks and Have a Very Merry Christmas!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some 50 years ago, I vividly remember being in Zac's situation and it concerned me greatly.

    It's probably (1 reason) I've always bought houses with a fire place as an adult! Albeit, the last one didn't have a chimney, fortunately my youngest never seemed to worry.

    As a child, I would have be so relieved with your solution. Good for Zac and Ella!

    Sharon Anne @ sharealikecooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete