Last Easter I found the little baby chicks on the clearance table for $1 a bag. There were around 20 in each.
Yes, I bought 5 bags!
How could I not?
So, since then, I had been searching for a idea and I found this from Design Editor. She really did a great job.
I thought that it was the perfect project to get rid of my
hoarding bag loads of chicks.
By the way, I do think that they are really ugly & doubted myself when buying so many!
But I think that this looks really cute.
This is what I did
Use a flat polystyrene ring, the round ones take up too many chicks.
This wreath used about 100 chicks!!
Lucky I got a bargain.
Paint the foam with yellow, so that if any gaps show it will still look chicken.
Lucky for me I had left over from when I thought a bright yellow play kitchen would look great!
I started by sticking the chicks feet into the foam, but they didn't stay, so I used a hot glue gun.
On the side on the ring you can see in the picture below how I glued them on.
I twisted the heads around a little to look the same as the others.
Very cute I think!