Thursday, 31 May 2012

Paint Chip Sample Table Makeover

I pinned a similar table a long time ago & it took me months to get around to doing this project.
I loved the table because it was different, bright & cost me next to NOTHING!! 


I found this Coffee Table on the Side of the Road, 
(You know how I can't resist picking things up for free, remember the Wooden Play Kitchen)

I was planning on using it in our Pool Area,
So I thought that bright colours would look best.

I went to Bunnings and picked out the Colours & Size of the Sample Cards.
Make sure you get a lot more than you think you need.

The table was very dirty.
I gave it a clean.

I love that Daddy Moz has lots of tools.
This sander is cordless & has rechargeable batteries.

After a light sand

Then a clean off

I already had this can of spray paint, but they are only about $10.

First coat done.

These are the colours I choose.
I love the names on the cards.
Some of my colours were;
Hide & Seek
Pool House (Convenient)
Prom Queen
Passionfruit Poppy
Lime Leaf 
Paparazzi Pink 
(I have a soft spot for Alliteration words - the words start with the same letter. Passed on from Mum).

Missing one somehow!!
Kids Maybe...

I started to Mogde Podge Glue the cards down, but they started to curl up.
It was a warm day.
So I decided to use doubled side tape to get them in place.
Then I Mogde Podge Glued all over the whole table. 


So, I know that the photos aren't taken next to the pool.
It's been raining & freezing here Down Under.
But don't worry, I'm sure the table will get many Pina Colada's placed on it!! 
DONE!




I LOVE IT!!!!


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous project! Thanks for the tutorial, I must try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fun and inviting! I do love FREE!
    I would love if you came by my party to link this up - would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Saw you on Liz Marie Link Party and I had to see! I thought you had gotten so many different colored post it notes and I was totally jealous! You now have a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This might be the coolest table makeover ever. I love all the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a clever idea. I love the result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so fun! I'm a sucker for anything rainbow. It always seems to brighten up a room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! Man, I wish I can buy Mod Podge where I live...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do a Google search for the product...you'll be amazed at where you can find it - and make sure you double check those prices...some places seem to have a good deal but charge a small fortune for shipping!

      Delete
  8. This is super cute! Totally adding to my DIY pin board. First time visitor but following now :) Feel free to swing by for a visit sometime...

    -Jessica
    http://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the different colors, so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! You did a wonderful job. I love all of the colours you used. So summery in our gloomy winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fantastic project! Would you consider linking it up at my Pinworthy Projects Party?
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all that color- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such a great idea. Very fun and colorful.

    Love for you to share this project at MADE by ME Wednesday's Linky Party @ JAQS Studio:
    http://www.jaqsstudio.com/2012/06/made-by-me-34-linky-party-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun!! I love the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I love how colorful it is! What a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I love all the different colors. Very clever. I found your blog through Ginger Snap Crafts and would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts, at my Creative Thursday link party (open thru Monday each week) at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so fab, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know, you can get a piece of clear plastic, (Lucite??), cut to fit the table top. . .unbreakable, protects your color chips,. . .if you don't do the color chips, you could put pics under the clear plastic, change 'em out regularly... :)

    ReplyDelete